|MODEL||4500 UHV AFM/STM|
- Sample size : 7 mm maximum (area probed : 3 mm)
- Thickness: 2 mm maximum
- Lateral resolution : atomic
- Modes: true non-contact (frequency feedback), tapping (amplitude feedback) and contact (deflection feedback)
- Instrument made for ultrahigh vacuum measurements coupled to a scanning electron microscope (SEM, 20 nm resolution) allowing the observation and correction in real time of the STM/AFM tip position on the sample.
- Ideal dimensions: 7mm×3 mm, 0.5 mm height (needed for heating-cleaning in-situ)
- Pressure : less than 5×10-8
- Noise level : ~ 0.05 nm RMS (Z direction) without the turbo pump.
- Maximum scanning dimensions X and Y: 10 µm, Z: 2 µm
- Additional signals available during rastering : friction (all modes), phase and amplitude (dynamic modes). The current can also be measured in all operating modes.
- Equipped with a system capable of introducing a gas for deposition and molecular growth experiments
- Electrostatic / electromecanic measurement module : Lock-in amplifier (Signal Recovery 7265), DC current source (Keithley 2400).
- Study of nanostructure growth
- ‘Material contrast’ via friction/adhesion detection (in contact mode) or from the phase of vibrations of the cantilever (in tapping mode).
- Electric resistance mapping